Tuesday, July 25, 2006

interesting time last night

Hey y'all.

Well, yesterday was such a peaceful day...much needed reading, studying, thinking about being a teacher. I went home and took a nap and then the delightful Amy Johnson called at took me to In and Out.

I love days like this!

But it wouldn't be noteworthy without a little adventure. Here's what happened: my cellphone was on because I had agreed to be a point person in case Dee went into labor. When it rang with Brian's number, I smiled knowingly and answered, thinking she was in labor.

Actually, Brian was calling because Daryl, the guy who came to church on Sunday and for whom we prayed, had called Brian. He was wondering why noboby had called about taking him grocery shopping yet. After all, Renee and I had mentioned this possibility to him. And I had it in my mind that it would happen.

Just hadn't worked out the details. I decided to let it take care of itself. And I'll admit I would have been happy to have it work itself out by nothing happening. Not too proud of that.

I gotta say, I'm thankful that Daryl held us to our word. He trusted us. He figured we'd come through.

So, we did. They got their groceries. And to me, it was a good way to spend a few hours of free time as the sun went down and the temperature became imperceptibly, yet mercifully, a little cooler.

Is this the "messy life" Doug's talking about? If so, I'm in. It is no fun without other people, and it needs community to thrive. I guess the moral of the story is -- if it has to have one -- don't be afraid to inconvenience people and ask them for help. Don't be afraid to expect a lot of people. And if you can't shoulder the burden of people's expectations of you, then pass it on to someone who can at that moment. In this case, I was available. But as you all know, there are many times when I'm not and I need others who are stronger than I am right then.

Maybe this is one way God provides for His children and helps us honor His Kingdom each day. It's a cycle of giving, with someone always able to give and another desparate to receive. I pray that we can all be open to experiencing this, because there is a freedom in it! This freedom makes me feel truly alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Jules!

Loved your latest offering. Good job getting messy and being willing to. God will keep using you; just wait and see!

Love you and praying for you,

Michelle

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home