Friday, June 16, 2006

What A Freakin' Lie!

Hey y'all...
Just recovering from a crazy week. I love back in the day when I used to worry that following Christ would be boring...WHAT A FREAKIN' LIE!

Anyhow, the most excitement for this week was finishing up the Horizons missions training that is part of Global Teams. The more I get to know people affiliated with GT and the more I become familiar with the philosophy and Spirit behind the way they do missions, the happier I am to be involved. The thing I like is that GT is not an "organization," as leader Kevin Higgins said. It's a "movement." He asked us to stop him if in correspondence he referred to GT as an organization.

The reason I love this is because I think it speaks to something new, confusing, magical yet unifying that God is doing among His people: raising up MOVEMENTS rather than MONUMENTS (I'm borrowing terminology from a GT lesson here). Just like 24-7 Prayer is a movement and not a foundation, company, organization, etc., just as DCF is so often a movement that is not (although we would like to be) attached to a church building, just as we are searching for how to express ourselves in this culture, so GT can't be defined by any ONE group of leaders or even set of ideas.

BUT...it is obedient to the Word of God and the Gospel of Jesus and the Holy Spirit and God's call to bring the Good News to the Nations! That's about it! We need simplicity in our postmodern, confusing age. We need to remember God is bigger than our culture, our way of doing things, our expectations and assumptions. And it's wonderful to always strive to get out of the way and let Him move!

More on Horizons later and all my new friends from there...that's it for now.
Y'all are in my prayers...God has especially laid on my heart Matt and Chrissy, Jill and Ryan and Dee this week.

love ya,
Jules

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home